By Julie Zeglen / Technically Philly
Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies, better known as PACT, honored tech and healthcare pros and companies at its 2019 Enterprise Awards event on Monday evening at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
The gala — its 26th annual — also awarded the Legend Award to Howard Ross, cofounder of LLR Partners, and the Digital Innovation award to SEI Trade, a web platform that digitizes investor transactions.
Here is the complete list of winners, of more than 500 submissions:
- Healthcare Innovator — Micro interventional Devices(Newtown)
- Healthcare CEO — Joseph Capper, BioTelemetry(Malvern)
- Healthcare Emerging — Allevi (Philadelphia)
- Healthcare Startup — Tmunity Therapeutics(Philadelphia)
- Technology Company — Frontline Education (Malvern)
- Technology CEO — Chris McNabb, Dell Boomi(Chesterbrook)
- Technology Emerging — AppBus (Philadelphia)
- Technology Startup — DrayNow (Conshohocken)
- Investment Deal — Capgemini (Wayne)
We’ve covered a few of the winners in the past:
Wayne-based LiquidHub, a digital customer engagement firm that employed about 800 across the Philly region, was sold to Capgemini, a Paris-based professional services company, in February 2018. The sticker price on the deal was approximately $500 million, or two times LiquidHub’s revenue in 2017.
Logistics company DrayNow picked up $5 million in venture capital through a Series A round led by Comcast Ventures and Osage Venture Partners in August 2018. Technical.ly also gave it an honorable mention on the 2019 realLIST.
Pennovation-based company Allevi, makers of a 3D printer for live tissue, rebranded from the name BioBots in November 2017 to make a play for the software space in addition to its hardware offering.
“The Enterprise Awards continues to be the region’s most prestigious business awards program for technology and healthcare companies, leaders and entrepreneurs,” said Dianne Strunk, VP of PACT. “We are so proud to award our local investors, entrepreneurs and businesses who are transforming healthcare, technology and their related fields worldwide.”
Last year’s winners included Dell Boomi, Perpay and Relay.